Alex's adventures as he serves a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, blogged by his twin sister Ashley

Monday, October 8, 2012

Last Week of Transfer (week 5)



Wow I cannot believe the transfer is almost over. I will still be with my trainer for at least another transfer, but the time has just flown by. Mom: yes my suit pants fit, and for the kangaroo skin scripture cover I trust your judgement, but it would be cool to have. Conference is being shown this coming weekend, and learned about the big announcement at church. Nobody was expecting that. I am really excited to see how things will change out here. We have had a great week. We are continuing to find people to teach. We gained 4 new investigators this last week, which is a lot here. We are asked to try to get 3 a week to reach our mission goal of 250 baptisms for the year. We are about 100 short, but around double last year, with a quarter left, so hopefully we will continue to get more. We had an awesome day, our trainers had zone leader stuff to do, so Elder Evans and myself were in my area and we were tracting and were invited in, which never happens, and we were able to teach him and give him a Book of Mormon. Then we were talking to people on the street, and started talking to a girl in her 20's and asked if we could teach her some time, and she said right then, so we went to a park and taught her the full Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon! Great day. Then we got a couple named Fred and Wilma (awesome name right) to our assistant ward mission leader son's baptism, which was really cool. Then to finish off the week we had an awesome lesson with a less active part member family. The spirit was so strong in the lesson. Hopefully the success will continue. Everything has been going good. Yes four of us live in the flat, and we see them quite a bit, I enjoy all of them.
 
Mom and Dad, you often say that you don't deserve any credit for how Ash and I turned out. Well that is false and I have an assignment for you. I want you to read about the army of Helaman, and write down all of their qualities. Then go back to their parents, the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's, and see how their parents decisions influenced their sons. I did it, and it is really cool. I just want to thank you for all you do, and have done in my life. You are amazing parents, and I have been truly blessed to have come into this life through you. Thank you.
 
Love Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment