This week was by far the best week in this area. To make sure that you fully understand it I am going to have to explain some stuff I have told you the last couple of weeks. So we have a recent convert who we are teaching and her son, and they live in a caravan park. The manager of the caravan park does not like Mormons so told us not to come around, and also told the same thing to the Bishop. We were frustrated and so was she, and she was complaining to her sister in law about it. Her sister in law knows missionaries and was taught in the past and said that we could have lessons over there. One of the conditions was that we teach her and her kids as well. On Tuesday we had a lesson with the kids about prophets and prayer. It was a hard lesson, lots of kids and they were not focusing too much. At the end we asked the oldest kid who it 10 to say the prayer. After he said it he was crying. The next day he was acting different, instead of being a pain to his mum he was trying to help her since she was going through a hard time. He then had a conversation with her. He told her that he now believes in God. He talked to her about the church asking if she was going to join it. She said she does not know at the moment. He then asked if he could be baptized. She said that he could when he learns more and wants to. We were excited about this and had a good lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation. It was new to her and she was not too sure what to think, but we told her to pray about it. Also the kid came to church on Sunday because he asked his aunt if he could come. It has been cool to see the change in him in just a week. We know that the Lord is in this. At first we were very annoyed about the caravan park manager, but now looking back it has been a huge blessing that we could not have imagined at the time. The only bad news is that they are splitting the area, and they live in the other area, so we will lose pretty much the only investigators we have. But we will hopefully still be able to see them occasionally and the missionary we know is going there is a good one so they will be in good hands. Also some bad news is we will probably lose the car to the other area, but I do not mind too much, I really enjoy biking. I also had my first American moment while driving. I turned into the wrong lane, but Elder M could tell I was going to so he checked to make sure there were no cars coming so it was not bad, luckily. That is about it. I hope everyone has a good week.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment