Such a weird thought that most of you I will see in a couple of days. This week I have spent heaps of time reflecting on the last two years and I don't think I realize how much I have changed. I was reflecting on experiences and things I have learned and the list amazes me how much I have gone through and knowing that there are probably things that should be added that I haven't realized yet. There is too much to list here but the biggest thing I have learned is that God lives and we really are His children. This is one of the most basic doctrines of the church, yet after we know and understand that, everything else falls into place. We understand why there is a need for commandments. The Atonement of Christ becomes more personal, and while we may not fully understand why bad things happen, we accept them and know where to turn for help when they do. That is the greatest thing I could have learned and nobody could have some of the experiences I have gone through and say that God doesn't exist. I may not have seen him like Joseph Smith or other prophets, but I don't need to see him to know that He is there. The last two years have changed me so much and I know that I am becoming the person my Father in Heaven wants me to be.
Thank you so much everyone that has helped me in my life to get to this point. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.
Love,
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment